Monday, August 30, 2010

"The T-Shirt To Prove It"

Last year I participated in a program through The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur called "The First Million".  I didn't make a million dollars but I did make a wonderful friend through my assigned Accountability Partner.  Sherry Sexton, in addition to having a killer name, was a refreshing powerhouse of honesty, energy and ideas. 

My role to for her was to hold her accountable to the vision of the book she wanted to write. An account of 25 women entrepreneurs and their stories of challenges, adversities and success. As she described it to me I thought, this is a chance for these women who have really made s*&% happen to finally say "Yeah baby, I've been there, did that and I have the T-shirt to prove it".  And a book title was born. 

I can't say that naming the book was my gaurantee for securing chapter 16, but I don't think it hurt my chances. Needless to say its a great book and recently Sherry was honored by WomenEntrepreneur.com with an article about her book that featured an excerpt. It just so happens to Chapter 16, which is my story. 

Definitely worth sharing and I encourage you to buy the book to read the other 24 stories of how we earned our "T-Shirt To Prove It".

"Life is a Wild Ride. Get Onboard"

"Darcey Howard relates her sometimes twisting path to entrepreneurial success."
By: Sherry Sexton for WomenEntrepreneur.com
08/22/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment